Why do you want to stop selling and start closing and Lead Generation ?
You see, most people, they don’t know how to communicate.
Fewer people know how to sell and almost no one knows how to close.
There’s a very big difference between selling and closing.
You see in any sales conversation, in any sales environment, in any sales meeting, you do not get paid by selling.
How many of you know people who just sell sell sell sell and they don’t get paid? Or they turn off their prospects.
You only get paid when you close a sale.
I want you to think about the difference between a salesperson versus a closer.
You see a sales person, they would push.
They would use aggressive tactics.
When you think of a traditional sales person, what comes to mind? Comment below.
It’s snake oil, it’s scammy, it’s slimy, it’s pushy.
Versus a closer.
How do you know when you are a good closer? After you’ve done a sale, after you’ve closed a prospect, when your prospect says, “Thank you.
” “Thank you for helping me make this decision.
” “Thank you for helping me move forward.
” That’s when you know you are a good closer.
There’s a big difference, sales person and a closer.
You see today I want to teach you something very very critical.
Why you should stop selling and start closing client deals, and what is the most powerful way that I know of to close, and it’s not what you think.
Today I’m going to teach you what I call “Value in advance” Write it down.
The formula is called “Value in advance.
” Now, you can see on my social media I have millions and millions of followers, and every single time when I make an offer, when I sell, when I try to close a sale, instead of waiting for the phone call or waiting for the meeting, face to face to do all your closing clients, that is very difficult, because you only have a very short period of time to persuade, convince a prospect to say yes.
Instead I believe what you need to do, you need to do a lot of work, before you even open up your mouth.
A lot of work needs to be done before you even say a single word.
In one of my previous videos, I talk about this.
The best way to sell a box of chocolate is what? Is to give people a taste.
One piece of chocolate, if they like that they’ll want to buy the whole box.
It’s exactly the same in closing.
I don’t want to count on closing, that closing part, that conversion part, that face to face, on the phone part, to do all the heavy lifting.
I want to start closing way in advance, and the best way to do that is “Value in advance.
” How can I provide value to someone in advance?
For someone who is consuming my materials, watching my video, consuming my content.
When I release something, when I make an offer, the trust is already there.
That it’s easy for them to say “Yes.
” Let me give you a perfect example.
Let’s say you are a martial artist, and you are teaching someone how to be a black belt, and of course you’re not going to be a black belt over night.
There are a series of steps you need to go through in order to attain your black belt.
Lets say the very first step is you need to learn how to do a proper stance.
Okay, that the first step, and then you need to have some basic flexibility with Lead Generation.
How to do stretching, stretching exercise, and then basic punching technique, and then basic kicking technique.
Lets say and then you learn some jumping kicking technique.
Then later on you also have power and speed, endurance.
Lets say it takes you seven steps to get from point A to point B, you with me? The best way I could convince someone to say, hey I’m the guy that can teach you how to be a powerful human weapon, how to be that confident black belt.
“I want to think about it.” “I want to think it over.” Crap! - Sales Training
Instead of telling you how good I am, I know it takes you seven steps to get to your goal.
All I need to do is provide value in advance.
Let me teach you through my content how to do a proper stance.
Let me get you to that first step.
I’m not going to get you to the end goal, but I’m going to get you to the first step.
I might even teach you some basic stretching exercise that you can do from the comfort of your own home.
To help you become more flexible, to get you to almost step two.
Now what happens is this.
That if I am the person that gets you from point A and then point B.
Not to the end goal yet, but you’re already getting value from the free information, the free value I’m providing, and what the prospect is thinking is this, “Wow, If I’m getting so much value from the free stuff, if the free stuff is this good, I wonder what the pay-stuff is going to be like” and that’s exactly how the “Value in advance” formula works.
You don’t wait till when the money takes place, the transaction takes place to start closing.
You started closing from the beginning.
When you’re delivering value to the marketplace.
You provide so much value in advance when you make an offer your prospect is like this is a no brainer.
How To Close High-End Clients With My High Ticket Sales Funnel
Of course I want to buy.
I’m already getting so much value.
You’ve helped me solve the first two step problem.
I know I have five more steps to go.
Of course you are the man, you’re the woman, you’re the company I want to go with.
Instead of trying to convince them, you don’t know me, you don’t like me, you don’t trust me, give me some money.
No! Give them some value upfront.
Help them solve some problems upfront.
When you do that through social media, through video, through education, through content, that’s a smart way to do it.
You can do this on a massive scale.
You’re impacting so many peoples lives, and you’re adding so much value to people’s lives.
When you make an offer, it’s easy.
When you do make an offer, then it is just a moment when you realize all the hard work you’ve done in he beginning.
You’re not selling selling selling, trying to use some gimmicks or techniques or whatever tricks trying to close people, and there’s a time and place for that, but you don’t need that.
I bet I have so many students, if you’re watching this comment below.
You’ve gotten so much value from my free content, and then by the time I make an offer you’re like Dan is the guy, of courseI want to learn from him.
I want him to be my mentor.
Why? Because, I’ve done so much.
I combine and I strive to combine my branding, my education, my marketing and closing all as one thing.
Instead of isolated components,I treat them as one.
I strive to get to a point where it’s automatic closing.
Where the closing is natural.
Where it’s not forceful.
That people are happy to be closed.
That’s exactly why you need to stop selling and start closing Lead Generation.
I’ll teach you one more thing before we go, and that is this, every single time you offer something, every single time you make an offer, you want to strive to deliver 10x more value.
Meaning this, this is what I truly believe, it is my mode in business.
If you sell something for $100, what can you do to strive to deliver 10x more value? That’s $1000 worth of value, when you charge $100.
When you can do that it’s easy.
It’s easy to close.
because people can see the value.
It’s a no brainer that they want to buy.
They are happy to buy from you, because they can see how much value you are delivering.
I want you to think about this.
How can you implement “Value in advance” in your business? How can you deliver 10x more value?
What can you do?
I want to leave you with one thought, and that is this, closing is not something that you do for somebody.
Closing is something that you do for somebody.
How to Build, Grow, and Scale Your Own Lead Generation:
- So, what was the issue? What did he say before youguys got off the phone? - [Steven] So prettymuch, we're talking about you know, what the J.
V parlor looks like, I ended up saying like, at theend I was pretty much like, "Hey, trust me on this one",because he wasn't so sure.
"We've done this in the past", and I had to do a lot ofreassuring in the end.
And in the end he was like, "(sighs) you know, I have todo a little bit more research.
" - So, he's a bit on thefence, but he knows how the joint venture would work? - [Steven] He understandhow it works, I don't want-- - He's done J.
's before, right? - [Steven] He's done it before, yes.
- Okay so, so his objection is, "I want to do more research on this, "I want to think about it.
"- That's right.
That's right, that'sexactly what happened.
- When he said that, what did you say? - [Steven] I was basically like, "Dude like, trust me on this one.
"Like, we've don't this many times before.
"It works for other people,I've looked at your channel, "I've researched what you do", right, "and your audience.
" I really tried to keepthe attention on him, but still he was like,"(sighs) I don't know.
" I think that might haveactually pushed him away, I can't tell though.
- Mm, so at the end, youwere justifying a little bit? - [Steven] 100%, you hit thenail on the head (laughs) (Dan laughing) - Okay, okay.
Lets role play this a bit, okay? So,- Okay.
- when someone says if, they say, "I want to do a little bit more research", that's not the truth, right? That is- Okay.
- not the truth, that'snot what is going on.
What do you think is going on? What is he thinking? - [Steven] Maybe he hasto talk to somebody, and maybe, I think its just lack of trust.
- Lack of trust, yes.
- Maybe you jumped the gun too soon maybe a little bit too pushy.
- Uh, fear of making a mistake, don't know if this isthe right thing to do.
- That's right.
- He could clearly see, this deal willmake him a lot of money, but he's a little bit on the fence right? - Yes.
- So he needs a reassurance, the problemis the way that you did it.
If you told him, "Oh, just trust me man, "we've done this a lot, we'vedone millions of dollars "with J.
partners, youcan just trust me on this.
" That actually has the opposite effect, right?- Okay.
It's like you tell people, "I'm honest just trust me, right? - [Client] Mm-hmm.
"You know I'm a Christian,it's okay.
" (laughs), right? - [Client] (laughs) Yes.
- You know a trust worthyperson doesn't need to say that.
So, instead of saying that, next time if for the nextpotential J.
partner, what you could do is, so, when someone says,"Oh you know what Steven, "I need to think about it a bit, "I need to do more research.
- So, I want to know ifthat's the truth or not, so I want to cut through the B.
- [Steven] Okay.
- Okay, so lets role play this.
So pretend you're theJ.
partner and I'm you, and I'm talking to you, okay?- Okay.
So try to go ahead, tell me you want to do some more research.
- [Steven] Okay.
Yeah, that sounds great, everything you shared with me makes since so far,- Mm-hmm.
= I'm just going to you know, take what you sent me, and shared with me, I'm gonna review it, and doa little bit more research.
- Hey you know what Steven, let's pretend you do your research, andyou've done the due diligence and you like what you see,what's going to happen next? - [Steven] If I like what I see then, yeah, I would send you a message, and we'll just, lets do it.
- And we can move forward with this? - [Steven] Correct.
- Okay, pause off the role play.
So from there, I want to get a commitment.
- [Steven] Okay.
- I want to see if, cause otherwise, if he says, "well, after Ido my research then maybe "we'll do something.
" Or, "maybe we'll do something six "months down the road.
" Well, that's not the truth.
- Oh, sh*t okay.
- Right, so that's just a lie, right? 'Cause prospects lie.
So, if that's, I want to find out if he actually wants to do something or he's just B.
S-ing me right? - [Steven] Oh, got it, okay.
- So, in this case hedoes want to do something.
But, just a little biton the fence, right.
- [Steven] Mm-hmm.
- So, lets keep going,go back to role play.
- [Steven] Okay.
- So, what's going to happen next? Lets pretend you like what you see, and what's going to happen next? - [Steven] Well, I would just get started, everything you shared with me makes sense.
- I'm sorry, what? - [Steven] I said, if I do my research and everything looks good,and everything that you say, I can verify everything you say, then let's move forward.
Well Steven, before we get off the phone, tell me, let's just bottom line this.
What would it take for youand I to do business today? What do you need from me, inorder for us to move forward? - [Steven] Hm, what Ireally need to know, is whether or not, becauseI took the time to build up my audience, I want to make sure that this is something thatthey would actually accept.
I want to do maybe like, a smaller test.
Is that something we could do? - Ah okay, bingo.
That's the truth, right? - [Steven] Mm.
- That is what he's thinking about, okay, I don't know ifI want to burn my list, what if it doesn't work? What if this is not somethingthat they want to buy, right? - Mm.
- Let's handle that, then you can go back, okay.
Let's pretend that wecould do a small list.
Like, how would,- Mm-hmm.
- what would that look like? Maybe instead of doing anemail to all your entire list, maybe we select from the list, instead of doing maybe five videos, why don't we test just one video, and see how that works, right? Or,- Yeah, I'm cool with that.
- Yeah and then, you can also ask him, "Well, what informationdo you need from me, "in order to do the deal?" - [Steven] Mm-hmm.
- Then he might say, "well I just want to make surethat this product is gonna "be beneficial to my audience.
" Okay,- Mm.
- then you can ask him, "well,would testimonials help?" - [Steven] Mm-hmm.
- So, lets go back and roleplay a little bit, okay? - Exactly, you know Steven,and when you do research exactly what are you looking for? What were you hoping to find? - [Steven] Well, I wouldlike to just make sure that this works out for my audience, because you know, I don't wanna leave a bad taste in their mouth, this isn't somethingthat we've tried before.
- I can appreciate that, so suppose I could giveyou some testimonials from our graduates, andsuccessful students.
Would that help? - [Steven] Absolutely.
- How many of testimonialswould you like to see? - [Steven] Just a couple, I could probably get my editors to put a, like, edit them into the videothemselves that we put out.
- Okay, so, like say two or three? - [Steven] That would work.
- Okay, so I'll give you two or three-- - [Steven] As long as they are good ones, like yeah, two or three is enough.
- Sure, sure, and I knowyour particular audience, and we know that we havestudents and clients in the same demographics right, the same kind of background.
So, I think that- Mm-hmm.
- you'll appreciate those.
Actually, we probablyhave, if I calculate, we've got over 1000 testimonials, but I'll pick three or four that I think would, that's what you want to see.
What else do you want to see? - [Steven] Aside from that, - What about in termsof our refund policy, would you want to know that? So, if your students- Yeah, that would be great to know.
- don't like the program, they have like 30 daysto change their mind.
So, that's okay if they, 'cause we only want students who actually get benefit, andenjoy what we give them, right? - [Steven] Mm-hmm.
- Would that help? - [Steven] Yeah, for sure.
- Okay, what a--- Any way that you can take care of the students, I fully trust you Dan.
Anyway that you can takecare of the students, - Yes.
- I appreciate that.
- What about, would you also want to talk to a maybe couple of J.
partners that we have done business with? - [Steven] Yeah, sure I know that we have a few mutualfriends, but I want to, I'd love to talk tosome of the people that you've worked with before.
- Yeah, so to know a littlebit about the process and what's their experiencelike working with us, right? - [Steven] Mm-hmm.
- Okay so Steven, letspretend I could give you the testimonials, thetwo or three testimonials you're looking for,- Mm-hmm.
our refund policy,- Mm-hmm.
as well as, a couple referencesfrom past J.
partners you have done business with.
- How do you feel about that? - I'd be ready to go.
- I'm sorry, what? - [Steven] I'd say, I'd beready to go, sign me up.
- Okay boom, see how that's done? - [Steven] Mm.
- That's how you do it,don't buy into what they say.
You gotta lead, you gotta ask questions, and dig deeper, and findout what's the truth? What's holding this prospect back? That's what I wanna know.
Right, from there, then it's not so much I want to do more research, the thing is it's not that I want to do more research, what he's saying is, "I don'ttrust you guys enough yet.
" - [Steven] Mm-hmm.
- So lets reassure the J.
Partner what we need to do.
He needs a little bitmore information instead of having him go out thereand do whatever research that he does, it may not be accurate.
Why don't we provide- Yeah.
- exactly what he needs sothat he can move forward? And some times when youdo this, they'll be like, "You know what, forgetabout it, I'm ready to go.
" They'll be like, "youknow, I don't need more.
"I don't need moreprof, I don't need more, "I don't need to do that.
" - Mm-hmm.
- Right, Got it? - [Steven] I got it.
- Okay, awesome.
So,next call try that out.
- [Steven] Alright, thank you CFU.
- Okay you got it, goodbye.
- [Steven] Okay, bye bye.
“I want to think about it.” “I want to think it over.” Crap! - Sales Training
- How do you handle the objection of, hey I love what you do, I need to think about it.
Or let me think it over.
Now what happens when yourprospect says that to you? I need to think it over, let me get back to you, let me think it over.
You never hear from them again.
Comment below if you haveever experienced that.
That's the problem.
Now in my previous video,I've talked about where, you can click somewhere here, when someone says let me think about it.
What do you say to them at the end of that conversation, at the end of the sales call.
Now today I'm gonna teach you something a little bit different.
I want you to think about thesales conversation you have before, during and the end, kinda after.
I've taught you how to handle it when it's near the end ofthe sales conversation.
Wen someone says to you, hey I need to think about it, yeah, I taught you how to do that in the previous video.
Today I'm actually gonna teach you, how do you prevent that.
So they don't even say that to you.
That you don't need to talk about, oh I wanna think about it.
You don't even need to handle that.
We're gonna prevent it.
Prevent this objection, which is way better when itactually comes up at the end and you try to handle it at the very end.
I like to handle it up front.
So let's talk aboutbeginning, before the call.
How you set up the call is so critical.
If you are chasing the prospect, if you are calling the person, if you are.
You act and sound likea typical sales person, right there, it's veryeasy for the prospect to say, hey I need to think it over.
What they're saying is, Idon't think you could help me.
Or I don't know if youoffer the right solution to my problem.
Or I don't know if I trust you.
I'm a little bit skeptical.
They're afraid to take action.
They're afraid to take action to solve their problem right now.
So that's the issue.
It's not so much thatthey wanna think about it.
That's not really the issue.
So in the beginning, howyou set up that call, are you calling them orare they calling you? That makes a huge difference.
Which one are you doing? Now, in the beginning the call, here's something that you could say.
It's called Setting the Agenda.
It's how you set the agenda.
Now it could be face to face like this or it could be on the phone.
It doesn't really matter.
Let's do it like this, we're in a meeting with the prospect in front of us, face to face like that.
So I may say something like that, Hey Mr.
I'm glad that we are% meeting today to see how I could help you take your business to the next level.
Now, before the meeting starts, can I ask you a couple questions? And they say, sure.
You know what, at the end of a meeting, there are three thingsthat you could say to me.
The first thing you could say is, Hey Dan, that sounds good.
Let's do some business.
And that's good.
Then we can work togetherand I could help you.
The second thing that you could say, it's a no.
And that's perfectly fine.
I want you to know, Mr.
Prospect, it's perfectly okay to say no to me.
If it's not a good fit,you can say no to me.
I can say no to you.
Number three, the thirdthing that you could say, but I don't want you to is I want to think about it.
Because usually whatthat means is it's a no and you're just trying to be polite.
So before we even proceed, can we make a simple agreement that at the end of this meeting, you will say either a yes or a no, but not a I wanna think about it.
Is that fair? Boom.
I have set the tone, I've set the agenda.
That's how it's gonna go.
Then it's very difficult for the prospect at the very end to say, oh I wanna think about it.
No, we have agreed up front.
That's the rule of engagement.
We're not gonna talkabout one thing about it.
And so at the end, you're not like trying to chase them and say, oh what do you need to think about? Let's think about together.
Or is it the price? No, you're trying tojustify yourself too much.
You're trying to justify your value.
In this case, I just say that up front.
Very casual, very fair.
And if they give me resistance, I will say, you know what, maybe before we even dothis, maybe on the phone, before we even proceed, beforewe even meet face to face, why don't I send yousome more information? When you're ready, whenyou want to do this, then let's set up a time to talk.
Then maybe I'll send themsome more information.
I'll send them some more videos.
I'll send them some more case studies.
Send them some more proof.
I don't want to talk to prospects unless I know I properly qualify them.
They are pre-qualified and pre-interested to buy what I have to offer.
Why would I waste time? So you can use tools beforethe call to set everything up.
So then when you're talkingto someone on the phone, you are spending your time, notice the word, you'respending your time.
You're spending your timewith a qualified prospect.
So that's what you do.
Before the call, you set theagenda, you set the tone, and you are telling the prospect, hey, if we're gonna do business, great.
If we're not gonna dobusiness, that's fine, but let's not waste each other's time.
You're a business person,I'm a business person.
You've got money, I've got a solution.
You give me your money inexchange of the problem.
If you don't want to spend money, then keep your money, butalso you keep your problem.
And that's how you do it.
So next time, before you do it, before doing the sales call, try the technique, set the agenda, and see how people react and I think you'll find youeliminate that objection.
I need to thik about it.
Let me think it over.
Rarely, rarely do I hear that.
Comment below and let me know how this technique works for you.